Co-operative society is a legal entity to conduct business without establishing a company.It pools together human resources to meet their common economic, social and cultural needs help with the mutual objective of providing services and support to members.
Co-operative societies aims to encourage complete cooperation between each individual within the organisation. They emphasis on considering every member to be equal and deserts the idea of hierarchy.This not only improves the relationship between staff members and senior management as well as between service providers and customers.
Objectives of Co-operative societies:
- Focus on low income and deprived people of the community, especially women who have no accessibility to any financial institutions
- Active participation of all members disregarding any kind of racial, social, political, religious or gender discrimination.
- Creating opportunities for education, training and information to develop their members as well as their staff.
- Cultivate habit of savings among the co-operative members.
- Execution & Promotion of income generation activities for the sustainable livelihoods of the community.